Portillo Immigration Law

Our firm provides you a
comprehensive package of tailored legal services.
  • law services portillo

A “green card” allows an immigrant to permanently live and work in this country. Green cards are issued based on either an immediate visa or a quota system. The most common routes for obtaining permanent residence are through being sponsored by a spouse or by an employer in this country (labor certification) or a family member who is a permanent resident or a citizen. Depending on the circumstances of each case, the green card may be obtained in the United States or though a process requires an interview outside the country at the American Consulate. The process may also need a waiver for any of the grounds of inadmissibility.

 There are a variety of reasons why certain individuals may be inadmissible for immigration benefits. The good news is that the law provides certain waivers depending on the grounds of inadmissibility; in other words, a waiver is a “forgiveness.”

Different grounds of inadmissibility have different waiver requirements. The most common waivers are the I-601A, Provisional Waiver for Unlawful Presence; Waiver for certain criminal grounds; Waiver for Misrepresentation or Fraud; Waiver after prior removal.

Depending on the specifics of your case, the waiver is filed with the Immigration Court, or with the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services while in the United States of when at the Consular post.

Portillo Immigration Law makes certain you meet the criteria to submit a waiver and carefully prepares a package application for you.

 There are several situations that commonly lead to a foreign national being threatened with deportation. The most prevalent of them include overstaying a visa, entering the country illegally or being arrested and convicted of a serious crime such as domestic violence, illegal possession of a firearm or drug possession. Law enforcement agencies at all levels, from the local police to the FBI, are working hard to remove anyone from the country who can be found in violation of immigration law. PIL is committed to ensuring that foreign nationals are represented fairly and honestly in deportation circumstances.
 The United States is a top destination for immigrants from countries around the world, and one route for gaining lawful residence here is through asylum. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) grants asylum to tens of thousands of people every year who can prove that they either have suffered persecution or have well founded fear of future persecution if they are made to return to their country of origin. Grounds for asylum include persecution based on religion, race, political views, nationality and membership of a particular social group. It is necessary to file for asylum within one year of arrival in this country. ( Unless an exception to the one year bar applies. ) PIL represents clients with their asylum applications before the asylum office and/or the immigration court

There are various types of business and investor visas that are available to non-U.S. citizens, including an L1-A, E1, E2 and EB(5). An L1-A visa can be used to establish a branch, franchise or subsidiary in the U.S. An E1 is for treaty country traders that control a substantial amount of trade. E2 visas are for treaty country investors who have 50% or more ownership in a U.S-based job-creating company. Portillo immigration law is helping entrepreneurs achieve a visa based on the executive / managerial capacities in the United States.

 United States citizenship has major benefits for anyone who can achieve this status, but in order to preserve the value of naturalization, the Federal government makes it a challenging process. There are specific circumstances under which a foreign national can become a citizen. The process of applying for citizenship can be complex and errors can result in denial of the application. PIL assists in providing guidance with completing the N-400 form, preparing for interviews with USCIS officers and with representing the case should any circumstances arise that would prevent a successful application.
Thousands of foreign students come to this country each year to study or train. Foreign students are allowed to enter the U.S. by acquiring an F visa (academic studies) or an M visa (vocational studies). A foreign student with an F or M visa may also be allowed to work off-campus or transfer from one school to another with the permission of the USCIS. A person currently living in the U.S. but who is not a citizen can also become a foreign student by requesting a visa category change.

* Disclaimer: Practicing only Immigration and Nationality Law Throughout The United States